Infolinks In Text Ads

Love this dress!

FOHawaiiFloral96A 7931 Bright Inspired Graphic Smocked

FOHawaiiFloral96A 7931 Bright Inspired Graphic Smocked

There's no lack of books on climate change. I've read many of them, some of which are frightening, as well they should be. Many focus on the potentially horrific changes that will play out over the coming decades. "Rough Winds" takes a different approach by asking whether we've seen enough evidence in the last few decades to accept that global warming is already in play. If the climate is changing, and in fact, if it's been changing for many years now, then we should see certain impacts, particularly in the area of extreme weather events. In this book, Powell methodically review these events - hurricanes, droughts, wildfires, rain and snow, floods, tornados, and temperature extremes in various locations around the world. This recitation makes for gripping reading. You can perhaps deny what might happen in the future, but you can't deny what has already happened and what's happening right now.

As Powell says, "In the last two years, our planet has undergone a series of extreme weather events that have broken tens of thousands of records. . . . The earth has experienced record high daytime temperatures, droughts, wildfires rainfall, floods, blizzards, tornadoes, hurricanes, and cyclones, exactly the events that climate scientists have predicted global warming will make more common and more extreme. To this author, there is simply no question that this collection constitutes a 'preponderance of evidence' that global warming has well and truly begun and the time to act is now."

Because this book is an ebook, Powell was able to post it in an especially timely manner: I read it shortly after Hurricane Irene devastated the US east coast and he opens the book with a discussion of Irene. I hope he will consider issuing revised editions as the inevitable future weather extremes occur.

Get your FOHawaiiFloral96A 7931 Bright Inspired Graphic Smocked Now!


Category Article

10 Responses to “Dress”

  • Arline Fry says:

    This dress is as vibrant as it showed on my computer screen. I'm 5'7" and the length is perfect. The fabric feels wonderful and drapes to flatter my 155lb. figure. I was concerned that the smocked bodice with just the beaded halter wasn't going to give me enough support, but it does. I wanted something for a Hawaiam themed wedding and this dress is perfect and the pricing is fabulous!

  • Rachelle Valentine says:

  • James Yang says:

    This dress is exactly what I was looking for. Fabric is great for travel - wasn't wrinkled at all when it arrived. The fit is flattering and length is appropriate for flats.

  • Russell Fields says:

    I bought this dress for a trip to Florida and LOVE it. I wear a size 12 and ordered a large. It doesn't hug any curves like some have said. In fact, I think it fits great... loose and comfortable and just fine for hot days. My only advice would be that it's a little short. I'm five foot seven. I definitely have to wear flip-flops or sandals, no heels. Perfect though for casual or dress-up. Five stars...

  • Minnie Riley says:

    My wife is beautiful in all clothes, and especially on the beach. After sitting in the sun, we always walk a few miles, and the maxi as a cover up wears and shows perfectly. The dress length factor played greatly in buying same, as my wife can walk without tripping.

  • Ray Everett says:

    This dress is stunning. The fabric is amazing. The colors are bright and vivid. The fit is very true to size. I cannot recommend this dress highly enough. I have been searching all over for good maxi dresses at a decent price. I don't know why I bothered wasting my time going from store to store when all I had to do was order this one online. You will not be disappointed with this dress.

  • Gilbert Gallegos says:

    I think this dress is perfect for vacation! Soft, smooth, doesn't wrinkle; colorful, fits well and very comfortable! I'm 5'2 and it isn't too long. Well worth the price!

  • Lula French says:

    This dress fits well and falls nicely on the body. It is one of my favorite dresses. I can wear it casual or dress it up with a nice heel. it will be perfect for summer.

  • Carl Newman says:

    I've bought about 6 of this same brand, different print and love them! They are comfortable and really cute for summer! The material is a little clingy but since they come slightly larger in size, they look really nice. I've dressed these up and kept them as a casual sun dress, very versitile!

  • Scott Wyatt says:

    Ordered one dress and loved it so much I ordered four more. So easy to dress down or use a little shrug and strappy sandals and you could use for formal dining on a cruise! Had to roll and put in motorcycle saddle bag and not a wrinkle when time to put on. Love the beaded tie. They also run true to size.

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.